Real Estate in Costa Rica
Real Estate in Costa Rica continues to be a booming business despite the world economic crisis due to its desirable location, excellent climate conditions, friendly & well-educated population, and strong national market. From just about any spot in the country visitors and residents capture spectacular views of mountains, volcanoes, rain forests, waterfalls, beaches, oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, all filled with different flora and fauna.
The central valley is 90 kilometers long by 40 kilometers wide and is home to 60% of the country’s four and a half million inhabitants in 2010. From the central valley you can reach the Caribbean or Pacific coasts in just under three hours (with proper driving conditions) by car or within an hour by plane. Costa Rica is one of the few places in the world people can watch the sunrise on the Caribbean Coast and then drive a few hours and enjoy the sunset on the Pacific while enjoying the country side of Costa Rica!
The average life span for the population in Costa Rica actually outranks that of the US coming in at 82 years of age. This fact speaks volumes about the quality and availability of the public and private health care system. The entire country has recently become a Mecca for health and wellness. Organic farms, yoga retreats, and environmentally sustainable real estate are just a few of the newest trends along with cosmetic dentistry and plastic surgery, because of first class results, level of the studies of surgeons, and low costs.
Costa Rica's qualified, intelligent, inexpensive, friendly, and bilingual labor force which is readily available, continues to remain a key factor in the growth, development, and relocation of many major industries such as microprocessor production, customer service call centers, e-commerce and other value added good service provisions are on a rising demand from abroad and within the country. There are at least one hundred reasons to relocate to Costa Rica, so here are top ten reasons listed by foreign property owners:
- A peaceful, democratic country for more than 200 years
- Access to quality, affordable medical, cosmetic, and dental care
- English is the second language, spoken by over half of the population
- Overall pleasant standard of living of life with a relatively low crime rate
- Very low property taxes and other tax incentives
- Superb climate with average temperatures around 25C-78F
- Beautiful affordable real estate everywhere
- First class education system with a 94% literacy rate, among the highest in the world
- Culture and outward friendliness of the Costa Ricans
- Bountiful business opportunities